“Life is hard right now, and I just don’t know what to do.”
When life is hard – really hard – we often spend all our time pleading, begging, yelling, refusing, and questioning. While none of these things are unusual, they are missing the ultimate point.
When life is hard, when things get ugly, when all hope seems to be lost… that is when we are able to display the superiority of God by leaning on His promises and truths.
Working through five common questions we’ve all had run, Dr. James MacDonald helps us understand what we should do in the midst of trial:
- What kind of trial am I dealing with, and is God involved in it?
- Why am I experiencing trial?
- What should I do in the midst of a trial?
- Are God’s purposes really being fulfilled in this?
- Why won’t this trial go away?
Jesus said “In this world, you will have trouble…” (John 16:33), so you shouldn’t be surprised when they come. Instead, you can grow, find hope, and take heart when they come.